Word of the Day!

Word of the Day

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Waiting in the Wings



The fabric store in Clovis (the fancy expensive fabric store, not Hobby Lobby) is clearing out some fabric for $3 a yard. And I finally couldn't resist, and I bought these two pieces of fabric, one yard apiece.

I think I will make a little girl's dress out of the pink one, to sell on Etsy. The Christmas fabric I will use to make Christmas potholders. I have been experimenting with paper piecing, to make a baby quilt for my sister, who is expecting. The square with the teacup was my first square, not bad for a first, I think. It's not the pattern I am using for the baby quilt, but will make nice Christmas potholders.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Looks great - four or five years ago I was determined to learn how to quilt but time got the better of me - I was doing too many things! But I love this art form :)