Word of the Day!

Word of the Day

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sigh...


I used to work in a bank. I do not miss working in the bank(except I got to see nearly everyone in town), but I kind of miss dressing up for work in neat little jackets. I have four or five now and I never wear them. Actually, I wore a lot of other things to work, too, but I felt most pulled together and professional in a jacket. Although, to be honest, when I first started I hated the whole dressing up for work part. I had just come from a two year stint in the Peace Corps in Ecuador followed by two months of goat herding, and dress code was non-existent, so I wore jeans literally every day, or corduroy pants, and whatever sloppy tee shirt or sweater I felt like. When I first started at the bank (and the bank I worked in was small, and the dress code was pretty relaxed), I felt like a cat in a dress.


But this is such an elegant little suit, so minimalist and chic. Very Jackie O, I think. If I had much call for this sort of outfit (and it was my size, which it isn't, but it's very close) I would make it up in a heartbeat. With several different coordinating shells. I like the idea of all the SWAPs that I see being done online (Sewing With A Plan) but I just don't need that many new clothes.

3 comments:

In-vita Paper Studio said...

I miss dressing up too! I used to work at Macy's and it was a requirement. Those days... an excuse to buy a nice shirt!

Heather said...

do they give you the cloche hat pattern, too? very chic

Mud Pies and Moonbeams said...

I use to work in a law office. I think I miss wearing beautiful dressy jackets the most. Now its all jeans and ratty t-shirts.