Word of the Day!

Word of the Day

Monday, March 2, 2009

Doing the happy dance!

I have been waiting in suspense for the last two months or so to receive this in the mail:

Why is that you may ask? Because I have an article in it! I have been published, and not just in some 'zine that was photocopied at Kinko's, but an actual glossy mag, for which I will receive actual money (the sum of which will remain undisclosed, as it doesn't sound nearly so impressive then). It also means a lot to me that this is a magazine that I subscribe to and read.


I didn't chose or take the picture, but believe me, it's perfect.

I've been published before, but always in webzines or very small press magazines that I had never heard of until I decided to submit to them, and they never paid over $5.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! It is exciting to be published!

Ms. Embry said...

I would love to read the article...how can I get a copy of this issue? Congratulations! :-)

texasholls said...

Ditto. Where can get a copy? Congrats! That is so exciting.

bee said...

Wow! Autograph please! Need the article so you can attach your famous name, and I will be RICH in a few years. : ) Congrats. Way to go.

DJ said...

Yeah, Amanda! So when do I get to see this? I'd LOVE to see how it came out! That's so exciting. (Yes, I'm looking a little green right now.) Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats girl! And, a great publication, too!

Keep up the good work.

Bev