Word of the Day!

Word of the Day

Friday, January 30, 2009

I have been named a Kreativ Blogger by Donna at Donna's Den. I feel so special now. :)

The rules of the award are: 1. Copy the award to your site - 2. Link to the person from whom you received the award - 3. Nominate 7 other bloggers - 4. Link to those on your blog - 5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.

Well, I don't follow a lot of blogs really regularly, I'm pretty sporadic about it, so I will not be giving this award to seven other bloggers. So, here are my nominations:

1. Elle at SewDucky, because I like her style (crazy fabrics and vintage patterns, yay!)

2. Lisa at Made By Lisah, because she makes pretty things and has a blog that is (partly) about books

That's all for nominations!

In other news, I made the first block for my bed quilt today. It's called Moon Over the Mountains, and I got it out of Georgia Bonesteel's Lap Quilting (Which I got off of Bookmooch, along with New Ideas for Lap Quilting.)

The curved seams were not as difficult as I had feared, and I really like the spare, graphic look of this block. There are some other fabrics I want to experiment with for this block, too.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the award! (Sorry I'm so slow at getting around to commenting.)

I like that block, but I'm afraid I'd end up doing something with a lot more color and it's turn out garish.