Word of the Day!

Word of the Day

Monday, June 30, 2008

Not sewing

I haven't posted anything lately because I haven't been doing any sewing since I finished the shirt dress. I wore it to the Frontiers in Writing Conference in Amarillo a couple of weeks ago, and since then I've been concentrating on my writing instead of sewing!

I found a local writer's group, which is the most exciting thing to come out of the conference. It will be so nice to be able to "talk writing" with someone again. I haven't had much of that in the last couple of years.

Brandon and I have also started putting a new roof on our house - there was a big hail storm that pretty much demolished the shingles, so we're going with a metal roof now. It's red. I'll have to repaint the shutters (the faux shutters) on the front of the house to match. Why is it that roofing and fencing always have to be done in the summer, when it is entirely too hot to be out doing things?

I did sew something yesterday. I hemmed a pair of pants, because they were about three inches too long. I used to not mind long pants, and just dragged my hems through the mud and wore them out, but now it bothers me.

1 comment:

bee said...

You and Brandon stay very busy. Glad you have found someone that you can talk to about writing. I think Holly tries to stay with writing from time to time. If you find some easier way to get your writing published, let Holly know. That is where she gets hung up every time. Good luck on your writing and hope you can go places with it. Hope you will have some cooler days for your painting project.